Here are the top five stories of what has happened across the continent.
1. Uber and Little are looking to launch operations in Rwanda
A couple of ride-hailing companies including Uber, Yego Motos and Little are looking to launch in Rwanda. Full story on Digest Africa.
2. 11 startups unveiled for Google Launchpad Accelerator Africa second cohort
From 250 applicants for its second Launchpad, Google has selected 11 startups from across Africa. South Africa and Nigeria dominated the list. Full Story on Techpoint.
3. Takuma’s Leapfrog Ventures invests $50,000 in Kenya’s BiasharaBot
Takuma from Leapfrog Ventures has made his second investment since setting up the fund in Africa less than six months ago. He is said to be closing another additional two fintechs in Uganda. Full story on Digest Africa.
4. Kenya’s Lendable receives $4.5M Dutch Development Bank grant
Lendable has raised the funds in form of a convertible grant from Dutch Development Bank FMO and will be used to fund loans from latter’s alternative lender clients across Africa. Full story on TechMoran.
5. Online tutoring marketplace, Prepclass secures significant Series A funding
The startup has received an undisclosed series A from iROKOTV backer - Rise Capital. Previously, Prepclass had raised a $322,000 grant from GSMA and Techpoint puts the figure they've so far raised at least $1,000,000. Full story on Techpoint.
Bonus: Menabytes gives a brief guide of the Egyptian tech startup ecosystem. From accelerators, co-working spaces, VCs, top events and more. Get full details here.
That's it for today. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get The Daily Brief in your inbox.