Seedstars World, a member of Swiss-based Seedstars, has announced the dates for its 2018 tour. This comes after recently announcing winners of its Seedstars summit where Ghanaian startup – AgroCenta, emerged the Seedstars Global winner.
For the next 7 months, Fanny Dauchez and Maryam Mgonja from Seedstars will travel across Africa attending events as they scout for “the best startups” in each of the ecosystems. The tour will cover 21 African cities.
As usual, the 10 best startups from each city will be invited to pitch in front of an investment panel and compete to be crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars for that city.
“The winning startup will join the global Seedstars Family and take part in the regional and global Seedstars Summits that include our tried and tested bootcamp and investor forum. It’s a catalytic platform for high growth emerging market startups.”
It will later be crowned by the Africa Regional Summit in November this year, to connect the Africa ecosystem.
“In addition to seeing the top startups pitch, you can look forward to an event filled with disruptive tech, inspirational discussions, networking sessions and one flight ticket for the winner to come to Switzerland to compete for over $1mn in investment.”
Here’s a full list of the cities, dates, and venues;
- Bamako, Mali, 22/06/2018
- Harare, Zimbabwe, 26/06/2018
- Douala, Cameroon, 06/07/2018
- Accra, Ghana, 12/07/2018
- Kigali, Rwanda, 19/07/2018
- Lagos, Nigeria, 20/07/2018
- Windhoek, Namibia, 27/07/2018
- Lusaka, Zambia, 03/08/2018
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 03/08/2018
- Nairobi, Kenya, 10/08/2018
- Gaborone, Botswana, 16/08/2018
- Kampala, Uganda, 24/08/2018
- Dakar, Senegal, 07/09/2018
- Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, Africa, 21/09/2018
- Kinshasa, DRC, 21/09/2018
- Bissau, Guinee Bissau, 27/09/2018
- Maputo, Mozambique, 28/09/2018
- Johannesburg, South Africa, 05/10/2018
- Cape Town, South Africa, 19/10/2018
- Luanda, Angola, 12/10/2018
- Sant Louis, Mauritius, 26/10/2018