Website Bicycles Against Poverty
Bicycles Against Poverty (BAP) is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential BAP offers asset financing directly to the BoP.
To date we’ve disbursed over 3,500 loans that increase income by over 35% for our farming customers. Our portfolio and product offerings are rapidly growing as we add new income-generating agricultural assets each quarter. We are scaling our operations by growing from our current base of 1,000 customers a year to reach 15,000 in the next three years.
We are looking for a hungry, passionate, dedicated and accounting-savvy individual to take BAP to scale in the next three years. You will manage the accounting and tax compliance of the company while it goes through rapid growth and transformation. You will be implementing financial policies and ensuring financial compliance that will allow BAP Finance to strategically scale. You will work relentlessly to ensure that BAP hits our target of serving 15,000 farming customers in the next three years through proper financial management.
This is an exciting time for BAP and an equally exciting position. You will be supporting our scale strategy first-hand. If you want autonomy in your work and to be part of a social venture history then this is the right role for you.
LOCATION: Gulu, Uganda
REPORTS TO: Finance and Operations Director
Accounting, you will:
- Manage BAP Finance’s end-to-end accounting process across two branches (and growing) including revenue recognition, expense accounting, cash application, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank statements and loan accounting
- Deliver timely and accurate month close results in Quickbooks, our accounting system, including a monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Review the financial information coming from the operations and credit departments to ensure they are supplying the finance department accurate loan tracking, repayments, and inventory amounts.
Compliance, you will:
- Assist the Heads of Department by reviewing and monitoring consistency in the application of financial policies throughout the organization.
- Support internal financial audits across branches by running spot checks on petty cash and providing the required documentation.
Finance, you will:
- Provide accurate, timely and meaningful financial reports on budgets, outflow and cash flow
- Monitor BAP Finance’s spend against budgets and provide monthly analyses to the Heads of Departments
Does this sound like you?
- Work experience: 2-3 years of professional experience in an accounting position.
- You have a strong understanding of accounting principles as well as Ugandan tax regulation
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Preference for experience in budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
- Passionate about accounting and finance’s impact on corporate strategy and risk-mitigation
- Excited about the growth of BAP and the opportunity to rise through the ranks of the company as it scales
- Strong results in implementing new procedures and financial policies.
- Strong Excel analysis skills with desire to ability to quickly adapt to new reporting or reconciliation techniques
- Hard-working and relentless focus on detail, all the meanwhile ability to be poised under stress, and have fun with the team
- Diploma in Accounting is required
To apply for this job please visit www.shortlist.net.