AWFP will be hosting the 1st Annual Conference in Nairobi, Kenya on 22-23 October 2018. This is the official Inaugural event for AWFP launch.
Why does it matter?
At AWFP, we realize the importance of creating a safe and professional place that will provide women working in the industry a platform and access to the members of the larger tribe.
All tribes will convene in Nairobi for a full day of networking, sharing, meeting, learning and an opportunity to build such relationships which are so important for development on a personal and professional level.
This is not just any other event. This is the 1st ever Pan- African Conference specifically focused on Women working in FinTech (Payments). The conference will bring together women from all over Africa for a full day event. The conference will feature interactive panels, deep-dive workshops, and plenary sessions with industry female leaders.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
AWFP is positive that, by creating a positive arena in where women can come together to discuss issues relating to Women in FinTech (Payments) Leadership, female founders, bridging the gender gap, pushing more diversity and inspiring future generations of girls into the sector.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This is the 1st ever Pan- African Conference specifically focused on Women working in FinTech (Payments). The conference will bring together women from all over Africa for a full day event. The conference will feature interactive panels, deep-dive workshops, and plenary sessions with industry female leaders.
AWFP has put together interesting topics that will not only allow women to discuss what is going on in the industry but also provide interactive sessions and discussions on issues affecting women in the industry. Panel discussions will also focus on how FinTech can be more inclusive and diverse.
What will you gain from attending
- Listen and learn from the challenges, success stories, and experiences from women and men who are leading the way in FinTech & Payments
- Learn about the latest trends, issues, and innovations in the industry.
- Join the larger tribe of a lively and friendly community of like-minded people that will help you grow your network
- Get inspired by women leaders trailblazing in FinTech.
What topics will be discussed?
The conference will feature interactive panels, deep-dive workshops, and plenary sessions with industry female leaders.
Topics include, but not limited to:
- Borderless Payments
- Financial Inclusion & Women- The Unbanked Woman
- Can Banks & FinTech Co-exist?
- The Digital Revolution
- FinTech Partnerships
- Cyber Security, Fraud & Financial Industry
- Biometrics & Payments- what it means to African markets
- Women in Leadership
- The regulators- are they driving or limiting innovation
- Africa's Fintech & Payments Picture
- Fostering Diversity in FinTech
- Mobile Money
- What Africa can teach developed markets
- Women can have it all- finding the work/life balance
- The Female Innovator
- The loneliness of the Female Founder/CEO
- The role of women in commerce
- Remittance- how diaspora drives economies
- How Africa differentiates itself from the rest