Talent Operations Associate
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the Talent Operations Associate role
The Talent Operations Associate at Andela will be part of the software developer talent team. This is a critical role at Andela as the success of our program depends on the quality of developers that we admit into the program. He/she would report to the Community Manager- Technical Talent and work with the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator and Talent Sourcing Data Analyst to set objectives, priorities, and implement and monitor execution..
The Talent Operations Associate holds responsibility for building constantly improving systems to organizing and coordinating all talent events, interviews and bootcamps and to drive a seamless operational experience for Andela’s emerging Distributed Learning Community. S/he will ensure that talent team is successful at selecting the top developers who define what it means to be limitless. S/he is passionate about Andela’s mission, technology, and is able to remain flexible to help meet growing and changing needs of a start up.
Responsibilities of the Role
Pre-Fellowship Learning Operations
- Organize high-impact events, activities, interviews and bootcamp that help us track the learning accomplishments and learning velocity of aspiring technology leaders
- Providing world-class customer service throughout the recruiting process.
Tracking and Data-driven decision making
- Define and collect critical data. Ensure information from all core activities is captured in repeatable reports and shared with the right audiences.
- Identify, recommend, and support the implementation of systems and process changes to create efficiencies in data collection, reporting, analysis and process optimization.
- Developing, review and implement creative bootcamp strategies and methods to select fellows.
- Identify, recommend, and drive the implementation of systems and process changes to create efficiencies in data collection, reporting, analysis and process optimization.
Outreach and advocacy
- Maintains relationships and a current and accurate database of referrals and networks
- Organize and/or participate in community events to engage with developer communities
- Working with the Data Analyst, analyse recruitment trends to optimize outreach and recruitment channels
Key Attributes of the role include:
- You are biased towards action. You take action first, and improve on the actions for optimal results.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and excellence-oriented mindset.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Resolving any arising problems and complaints
- Liaise with other departments to successfully complete tasks and projects
- Strategically plan and execute talent events and cycle
- You are very analytical, and can create insights from analyzing sets of data
Qualifications and Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should:
- Have a BSc from an accredited University
- Have at least 2-5 years working experience as a Logistics Coordinator or Event Planner.
- Be comfortable with organizing and coordinating large number of external and internal stakeholders
- Work well under pressure
- Be a self-starter, be proactive and take initiatives
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be organized, efficient and proficient at multi-tasking
- Be computer proficient (Microsoft Office/Google Docs, Internet and Email a must)
- Have top-notch organization skills
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get the application details here.