Experience Level: Mid
Job Location: Lagos or Kampala
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
The Success Division is responsible for matching Andela developers with our Partners to ensure the best experience for both, enabling Partners to reach their goals while allowing our developers to gain experiences that help them to learn and grow. We are seeking a Staffing Specialist who will assist the Directors of Success in fielding staffing requests from the Revenue team and who will understand the available bench well enough to make confident recommendations to the Directors on who should be put on new engagements.
- Works closely with the Directors of Success
- Responds to requests from the Account and Revenue teams regarding the availability of technical resources for partner engagements
- Works with developers on the bench to make sure that their skills are properly updated in the Andela Information System
- Evaluate new engagements as they are signed and kick off the developer application process for the engagement
- Evaluate all applications for an engagement and other potential resources and make recommendations to the Directors of Success on the best resources to staff on the engagement.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to present clear, well-thought-out recommendations
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.
Get the application details here.