Regional Director of Operations
Jibu is looking for a business-savvy, motivated problem-solver ready to commit a minimum of two years to help lead a rapidly growing international company to profitability, while also making a big social impact. The successful candidate must be experienced as both a strategic leader and a hands-on manager, able to build systems while ensuring focus on the detail. The candidate will have successfully managed people at all levels and from varied backgrounds and cultures. The candidate must also demonstrate a proven track record developing successful managers and ensuring all team members are effective contributors to the business.
This position requires:
- Street smarts to navigate both formal and informal components of the business
- The ability to design and build innovative, solid systems while ensuring buy-in and ownership
- An energetic self-starter, a proven problem-solver and someone willing to “roll up their sleeves” to do what it takes to get tough jobs done
- Ability to work strategically, creatively, flexibly and persistently to solve gnarly challenges
- Ability to coordinate a cross-functional team, from different disciplines and locations, and ensure effectiveness and efficiency throughout the operation.
- Proven interpersonal, relationship and people management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel frequently within the region
- Experience in and ability to organize and improve on all components of the Jibu end-to-end global supply chain to optimize efficiency and cost
The position reports directly to Jibu’s CEO and works closely with Jibu’s COO. This Director will be focused on and responsible for overseeing and managing all operational and business aspects of Jibu in Africa – to include planning and supporting international expansion operations outside of current Jibu markets. The expectation is that the Director will quickly identify opportunities within the operation to make improvements and continue growth in the most effective way possible – this will include proactively identifying and overcoming gaps and weaknesses, assessing strengthens and utilization of team members, helping both staff and managers to develop priorities and implementation plans, help with the professional development of team members, incorporate fresh and innovative ways of doing things that will yield greater results for the company and its operations. Primary responsibilities will vary and will require hands-on involvement, persistence, long hours, and agility to respond to the challenges and needs that arise day to day in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and find ways to improve processes
- Improve day to day accountability against operations and strategy across Jibu markets in close coordination with country directors, COO, CFO, and CEO
- Design and revise external partner operating toolkits and manuals for both the individual franchise owner, and the Area Master Franchisor (AMF)
- Integrate IT solutions in various operational arenas such as customer management, point of sale, inventory, and water quality and roll up into ERP system
- Manage and support successful operations across corporate, franchisee and AMF stores, to include in part: quality assurance, approved products and suppliers, procedural compliance, retail offering compliance and brand protection
- Coordinate communication, reporting, and compliance structures between technical, supply chain, franchise support, marketing, finance, development, training, and managerial departments
- Oversee and manage the global supply chain strategy, operation and staff
- Support financial planning efforts, including budgeting, forecasting and P&L analysis alongside the CFO
- Assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing long-term business strategies
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the business within operations
- Direct the development and dissemination of operational reports and metrics to keep key stakeholders informed and current on activities across all Jibu markets
- Strong business management experience; operations focus preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in business in an emerging market context, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa
- Cultural knowledge and experience working or living in a developed market context, preferably in Europe or the United States
- A team player with a sense of adventure wanting to make a difference
- Personality profile: practical, persistent, likeable, resourceful, organizer, likes challenges
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience working in a multi-unit business environment a plus
The successful candidate will earn a competitive base salary. Strong performance and/or equity incentives may be additionally offered on the achievement of organizational goals.
To apply: Send CV or Resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the position and what value your skills and experience will add to Jibu.