Community Manager-Technical Talent
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
About the role:
You will be responsible for enabling Uganda’s bold community of aspiring technology leaders to realize their full potential.
You will build, support, and empower individuals and communities throughout Uganda’s technology ecosystem. You will find passionate people and the ideas they are passionate about and support the community’s conversations, driving trends that increase learner engagement and leadership.
You will be in charge of building and connect the talent pipelines that Andela uses to identify and select candidates for the fellowship program.
- Fearlessly build an active community of engaged technology learners
- Ensure the sustainability, growth, and track-ability of the engagement and performance of the community members.
- Create a machine for building relationships with recruitment channel partners and vendors including developing partnership
- Successfully identify, attract, select, and retain increasingly talented aspiring technologists into the program.
- Set team’s objectives, priorities, and resources. Develop and track metrics for measuring learner progress and selection effectiveness.
- Managing marketing and project budgets to ensure that expenditure maximizes return on investment
Key Attributes of the role include:
- You are biased towards action. You take action first, and then keep taking new actions.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through
- You epitomize a level of enthusiasm about being at Andela as a model for all fellows to promote the organization to external audiences.
- You are great at networking and have a very strong interest in people.
- You have a working knowledge of the competitive landscape, labor practices and fears and desires of aspirational young people throughout Uganda – as well as the networks to penetrate these markets to find the most brilliant young people.
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow You are a heroine/hero at liaising with and maintaining relationships with community building and recruitment channel partners ranging from colleges and universities to churches and communities and you effectively monitor and improve performance of these channels.
- You plan and set targets effectively. You have a knack for developing, coordinating and implementing the calendars of activities to ensure that targets are hit in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent knowledge and passion about Andela’s mission and vision. Able to convincingly sell Andela’s opportunity to prospective fellows.
- Outgoing personality and a high comfort level speaking with young people
- Understanding of how to best use different technology to reach prospective applicants.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Are a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with the technology sector a plus
- Have an ability to store, extract and review relevant data, and identify trends/insights that can contribute towards the improvement of the community building and recruitment processes.
- Be a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get the application details here.