Africa Early Stage Investor Summit
November 11 @ 8:00 am - November 12 @ 5:00 pm$375
Africa’s early stage investor community convenes on November 11th and 12th for the 5th Africa Early Stage Investor Summit. This exclusive investor-only event, hosted at Workshop17 in Cape Town, South Africa, unites key ecosystem stakeholders from across the continent and beyond, to exchange best practices, learn from peers and recent transactions, and do deals.
Our speakers and guests represent angel networks, impact funds, leading accelerators, corporate venture arms, industry associations, and public sector agencies. The 2017 edition has been our biggest event to date, with over 300 delegates attending and almost all major African angel networks and VC funds represented. Our 5th-anniversary event promises to further raise the bar, featuring renown guests from overseas and also kicking off the whole week of startup industry events in Cape Town.
The Summit will encompass VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A, featuring investor-vetted scale-ups from across the continent looking to raise between $250K and $5M. We welcome investors to refer companies HERE.
The African startup ecosystem is on the move. Not only are the number of ventures growing, but the quality of the businesses is improving. Never before has the pipeline of African innovation been so investible. And where talent leads the way, money is close to follow. More than 60 angel networks are setting up across the continent and a growing class of Africa-focused VC investors is backing and scaling up the best of the best. Once a year, this community of industry leaders comes together to share best practices and to learn from peers. The best companies are invited to join this meeting as talent and capital collide.
- 300+ leaders from the Africa startup, innovation and investment industry
- The latest trends, insights, and industry research
- Workshops and masterclasses for investors by investors
- Exclusive networking and co-investment opportunities
- Option to nominate startups in your portfolio to attend this event
- An awards ceremony recognizing the best of the best
- Investor Cocktail, Industry Leaders Dinner, and Innovation Tour
- Full week VIP investor pass including partner events (AHUB, AfricaCom, AfricArena)
A rich networking experiences with a highly focused yet varied program. Lovely Waterfront Cape Town with views of table mountain.